1. ADDENDUM NO. 2 ISSUED, DATED NOVEMBER 17, 2017
2. REVISED ATTACHMENT C - DETAILED LIGHTING AUDIT (3RD REV)
3. BHUSD CALENDAR 2017-2018
Please refer to the new files attached
1. ADDENDUM NO. 1 ISSUED, DATED NOVEMBER 9, 2017
2. REVISED ATTACHMENT C - DETAILED LIGHTING AUDIT
Please refer to the new files attached
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Beverly Hills Unified School District, acting by and through its Board Members, hereinafter the “District” will receive up to, but not later than the above-stated date and time, sealed Bid Proposals from QUALIFIED BIDDERS ONLY for the Contracts for the Work generally described as: LED Light Retrofit Services at Beverly Hills High School.
1. Submittal of Bid Proposals. All Bid Proposals shall be submitted on forms furnished by the District. Bid Proposals must conform with, and be responsive to, the Bid and Contract Documents, copies of which may be obtained from the District as set forth above. The District may reject Bid Proposals submitted to the District after the date and time set forth above for the sealed opening of Bid Proposals.
2. Bid and Contract Documents. The Bid and Contract Documents are available at the location stated above. All requests for hard copy documents will be the responsibility of the bidder. Each Bid Form shall be in accordance with the Contract Documents. Bidders are responsible for confirmation that they have viewed all addenda prior to the bid deadline and will be required to acknowledge addenda on their bid form.
3. Bid Proposal. Each Bid Proposal shall consist of at least the following components plus any other items identified in the Instructions for Bidders:
- Bid Form
- Bid Security
- List of Subcontractors
- Non-Collusion Affidavit
- Statement of Bidder’s Qualifications
All information or responses of a Bidder in its Bid Proposal and other documents accompanying the Bid Proposal shall be complete, accurate and true; incomplete, inaccurate or untrue responses or information provided therein by a Bidder may be grounds for the District to reject such Bidder’s Bid Proposal for non-responsiveness.
4. Job-Walk. The District will conduct a MANDATORY [ONE TIME ONLY] PRE-BID JOB WALK for the Work to be held at the location, date and time stated below.
5. Prevailing Wage Rates, Employment of Apprentices and Labor Compliance Program. The Project is subject to the provisions of Labor Code §§1720 et seq. and regulations set forth in Title 8 §§16000 et seq. of the California Code of Regulations which govern the payment of prevailing wages on public works projects. All Bidders, and their subcontractors, shall be governed by and required to comply with these statutes and regulations in connection with the Project including, but not limited to, the requirement that all Bidders and their subcontractors be registered with the California Department of Industrial Relations (“DIR”) pursuant to Labor Code § 1725.5. Pursuant to Labor Code §1771, the Contractor receiving award of the Contract and Subcontractors of any tier shall pay not less than the prevailing wage rates to all workers employed in the execution of the Contract. Bidders shall comply with applicable statutes and regulations, including but not limited to Labor Code §§ 1771, 1775, 1777.5, 1813 and 1815.
Pursuant to Labor Code §1773, the Director of the DIR has determined the generally prevailing rates of wages in the locality in which the Work is to be performed. Pursuant to Labor Code §1773.2, copies of these determinations, entitled “PREVAILING WAGE SCALE”, are maintained at the District’s offices located at the above address and are available to any interested party upon request. Copies of rate schedules are also available on the Internet at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/DIR/S&R/ statistics_research.html. The Contractor awarded the Contract for the Work shall post a copy of all applicable prevailing wage rates for the Work at conspicuous locations at the Site of the Work.
The Project will be subject to labor compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Compliance Monitoring Unit within the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement and the contractors, and all subcontractors, shall be required to furnish electronic certified payroll records directly to the Department of Industrial Relations Labor Commissioner/ Compliance Monitoring Unit.
6. Contractors License Classification. In accordance with the provisions of California Public Contract Code §§ 3300 and 20111.6. Bidders with the following California license classification “C-10” or “B”, who wish to bid on the Project described above are required to be licensed to perform the work above as a condition of submitting a bid.
7. Bid Security. Each Bid Proposal shall be accompanied by Bid Security in an amount not less than TEN PERCENT (10%) of the maximum amount of the Bid Proposal, inclusive of any additive Alternate Bid Item(s). Failure of any Bid Proposal to be accompanied by Bid Security in the form and in the amount required may render such Bid Proposal to be deemed non-responsive and rejected by the District.
8.Fingerprinting. The successful Bidder will be required to assure that its employees, subcontractors of any tier, material suppliers, and consultants do not have direct contact with the District’s students during the performance of the Contract in compliance with Education Code §§45125.1 and 45125.2. To ensure these provisions, Bidder’s supervisory personnel shall submit their fingerprints to the California Department of Justice in sufficient time to have the application(s) processed prior to start of on-site Work. The supervisor(s) will continuously monitor the workers’ conduct while on school grounds. In addition, the successful Bidders shall barricade the Work area to separate its workers from the students. All costs associated with this process are the responsibility of the successful Bidders.
9. No Withdrawal of Bid Proposals. Bid Proposals shall not be withdrawn by any Bidder for a period of ninety (90) days after the opening of Bid Proposals. During this time, all Bidders shall guarantee prices quoted in their respective Bid Proposals.
10. Substitute Security. In accordance with the provisions of California Public Contract Code §22300, substitution of eligible and equivalent securities for any monies withheld by the District to ensure the Contractor’s performance under the Contract will be permitted at the request and expense of the Contractors. The foregoing notwithstanding, the Bidders to whom the Contracts are awarded shall have ten (10) days following action by the District’s Board of Education to award the Contracts to such Bidders to submit their written requests to the District to permit the substitution of securities for retention. The failure of any Bidder to make such written request to the District within said ten (10) day period shall be deemed a waiver of the Bidder’s rights under California Public Contract Code §22300.
11. Waiver of Irregularities. The District reserves the right to reject any or all Bid Proposals or to waive any irregularities or informalities in any Bid Proposal or in the bidding.
12. Award of Contract. The Contracts for the Work, if awarded, will be by action of the District’s Board Members will be based on a best value evaluation. The bid obtaining the highest overall score is selected for contract award. Please note, the RFQ/RFP will be reviewed after the proposal submission date and will not be publicly opened.
13. Inquiries and Clarifications. This document is for informational purposes and shall not relieve the Bidder of the requirements to fully familiarize itself with all the factors affecting the Project and the Bid. The Bidder is advised that all inquiries and clarifications about the Bid Documents, Drawings, Specifications, etc., shall be submitted to the District in writing at least five (5) days before the bid opening date. The District will respond at its earliest possible opportunity. Oral communication by either party with regard to this matter is invalid.