BHUSD Seeks Surplus Property Advisory (7-11) Committee Members
The Beverly Hills Unified School District (BHUSD) is seeking applicants for a Surplus Property Advisory Committee. Known as a “7-11 Committee”, reflective of the minimum and maximum committee size, this committee will review the District’s recent demographic study, review relevant property information, establish and communicate throughout the attendance area a priority list for use of surplus space and real property, hold public hearings, and forward to the Board of Education a report recommending uses of surplus space and real property.
This committee consists of not less than seven and no more than eleven members, and shall be representatives of each of the following:
- The ethnic, age group, and socioeconomic composition of the district.
- The business community, such as store owners, managers, or supervisors.
- Landowners or renters, with preference to be given to representatives of neighborhood associations.
- Parents/guardians of students.
- Persons with expertise in environmental impact, legal contracts, building codes, and land use planning, including, but not limited to, knowledge of the zoning and other land use restrictions of the cities and county in which surplus space and real property are located.
Applications are due by February 28, 2020 and can be found at bhusd.org/7-11/.