Student Services » Enrollment Information for New and Returning Families 2019-2020 School Year

Enrollment Information for New and Returning Families 2019-2020 School Year



Welcome ALL New and Returning Families to the Beverly Hills Unified School District!



To enroll a student for the current school year 2019-2020, parent/legal guardian must follow these steps:  



Grade-Level Placement: 

It is recognized that students do their best work in school when they are placed in a grade with other students of the same chronological age. The following link provide BHUSD guidelines for placing students at the appropriate grade level. 


Grade Placement Criteria 2019-2020 School Year 


Assigned Neighborhood Schools:


To determine which school is your school of residence, click here for the School Finder

Please note, if your school of residence is at capacity in the grade level you’re registering for, then your student can be placed at the school that has space available. Due to reconfiguration within our district, we have two elementary schools (TK-5th.) Horace Mann and Hawthorne, one middle school (6th.-8th.) Beverly Vista, and one high school (9th.-12th.) Beverly Hills High. 



To register a new or returning student, you must have a valid address within the Beverly Hills Unified School District attendance area OR qualify for an Interdistrict transfer permit by being currently employed for the City of Beverly Hills or the Beverly Hills Unified School District. Verification of residence or employment will be required after you complete the Online Pre-Enrollment step. 


Online Pre-Enrollment Portal for New & Returning Students 


**Once the online pre-enrollment is completed, please proceed to Step 2 of the enrollment process.  Please note that the online pre-enrollment does not determine your placement at the school. Enrollment will be finalized once step 3 is completed in person at the Student Services Department, Child Welfare and Attendance Office located at 255 S. Lasky Drive, 3rd. floor, Beverly Hills, CA 90211.



Below are a list of documents you will need to enroll in the Beverly Hills Unified School District. Please make sure you have all the documents at the time of enrollment. 


P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted. Disconnection utility notices are NOT accepted.


  • Proof of Residency 5 CCR 432; EC 234.7, 48204.1, BP 5111.1
  • Residency Verification Affidavit Form
  • Co-Residency Verification Affidavit Form 


Primary Residents: 

  1. A copy of the L.A. County Property Tax Bill, or a Mortgage Statement, or a copy of the Current Lease/Rental Agreement listing all the occupants, including but not limited to all school-age children residing in the property or Grant Deed in the legal guardian’s name showing residence property address. NOTE: if you are on a month-to-month lease/rental agreement, you will also need to provide the most current month’s rental receipt or cancelled check. 
  2. A current Southern California Edison (SoCal Edison) bill or verification of electrical service connection reflecting name and address at the location provided in the online pre-enrollment. In the event proof of SoCal Edison bill cannot be presented, resident must provide three of the additional forms of residency. 
  3. Two additional forms of residency verification reflecting name and address at the location provided in the online pre-enrollment: a) current gas bill or verification of gas service connection, b) current cable/telephone bill, c) current income tax documents (IRS, state, and/or county), d) current water or verification  of water service connection, e) current waste management bill, f) current payroll stub, g) current social services documents, h) current correspondence from federal/state/county government agencies, i) L.A. Registrar of Voters, j) current bank statement/credit card statement, k) car registration, etc. 


  1. If a parent/guardian and a student are sharing a residence with another individual or family, they must provide items #1-3 (in the parent/guardian’s name or the name of the primary resident) and complete and notarize the Co-Residency Verification Affidavit. 


Co-Residency Verification Affidavit


NOTE: In the event a utility service connection is used as proof of residency, then a utility bill must be provided within 45 days to assure continued enrollment. The District will not solicit or collect information or documents regarding the citizenship or immigration status of students or their family members for the purpose of determining residency within the District. 

The District will investigate any cases where there may be reason to believe that a student does not comply with residency requirements for school attendance (i.e., returned mail, excessive absences/chronic absenteeism/truancy), that the parent/guardian has provided false information with respect to residency, or that the information provided at the time of enrollment is no longer current or accurate. A trained District employee may conduct the investigation or a private investigator employed by the District, and may include the examination of records, including public records, and/or interviews of persons who may have knowledge of the student’s residency. The investigation will not include the surreptitious collection of photographic or video-graphic images of persons or places subject to the investigation. However, the use of technology is not prohibited if done in open and public view. District will take appropriate actions pending the results of the investigation

If the District determines that the student does not reside in District, the parent/guardian will receive a dis-enrollment letter and the Inter-District/Intra-District Attendance Appeal Form. Parent/guardian has 10 days to submit a written appeal from the date of the dis-enrollment letter. Once the district receives the written appeal, the District will have 10 days to respond in writing to the parent/guardian’s request. The Superintendent or designee response is final. 


Immunization Requirements: 

Click the link below for an explanation of the student health requirements for school entry including immunization records KG-12 Grades: 


Grade Immunization Requirements KG-12th.


All Kindergarten and 1st. grade students must have completed a physical examination and a dental assessment no more than six months prior to entering kindergarten and/or 1st. Grades. These are the required forms, they must be completed by a private physician and a California licensed dentist: 


Grade Examination by Private Physician


Oral Assessment Form


Immunization Requirements for TK (Transitional Kindergarten) 


TK Immunization Requirements


*Student must be born between 09/02/2014 and 12/02/2014 to be eligible for TK entrance for the 2019-2020 school year. 


Other important documents to bring, if applicable: 


  1. Birth Certificate or passport 
  2. Academic transcript or report card from previous school. Prior school records will be requested by the school site. 
  3. Student IEP/504 documents.
  4. GATE letter from previous district. 
  5. ELPAC/CELDT language test documentation. 




Set-Up your Appointment to Complete Enrollment


Walk-ins are accepted, but to avoid long lines and unpredictable wait-times, you are strongly encouraged to book an appointment.

If you have any questions, please contact Maria F. Elvira, Child Welfare & Attendance Specialist at 


For New and Returning Student Registration/Enrollment  9th. - 12th. grades, please contact the Beverly Hills High School:


Andre Law 310-551-5100, Ext. 8310,

By student’s last name:

9th Grade Grade A-G

10th-11th Grade A-Gi

12th Grade A-Gl 


Michelle Buckley 310-551-5100, Ext. 8340,

By student’s last name:

9th Grade Grade H-O

10th-11th Grade Gj-O

12th Grade Go-O


Amy Price 310-551-5100, Ext. 8350,

By student’s last name:

9th-12th Grade P-Z