Welcome ALL new and returning families to the Beverly Hills Unified School District!
Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on February 24, 2020.
BEFORE YOU START…
It is recognized that students do their best work in school when they are placed in a grade with other students of the same chronological age. The following link provides BHUSD guidelines for placing students at the appropriate grade level.
Assigned Neighborhood Schools:
To determine which school is your school of residence, click here for the School Finder
Please note, if your school of residence is at capacity in the grade level you’re registering for, then your student can be placed at the school that has space available. Due to reconfiguration within our district, we have two elementary schools (TK-5th.) Horace Mann and Hawthorne, one middle school (6th.-8th.) Beverly Vista, and one high school (9th.-12th.) Beverly Hills High.
STEP 1 -ONLINE PRE-ENROLLMENT-
To register a new or returning student, you must have a valid address within the Beverly Hills Unified School District attendance area OR qualify for an Interdistrict transfer permit by being currently employed for the City of Beverly Hills or the Beverly Hills Unified School District. Verification of residence or employment will be required after you complete the Online Pre-Enrollment step.
**Once the online pre-enrollment is completed, please proceed to Step 2 of the enrollment process. Please note that the online pre-enrollment does not determine your placement at the school. Enrollment will be finalized once step 3 is completed in person at the Student Services Department, Child Welfare and Attendance Office located at 255 S. Lasky Drive, 3rd. floor, Beverly Hills, CA 90211.
STEP 2 -GATHER THE ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS-
Below is a list of documents you will need to enroll in the Beverly Hills Unified School District. Please make sure you have all the documents at the time of enrollment.
P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted. Disconnection utility notices are NOT accepted.
- Proof of Residency 5 CCR 432; EC 234.7, 48204.1, BP 5111.1
- Residency Verification Affidavit
- Co-Residency Verification Affidavit
- A copy of the L.A. County Property Tax Bill, or a Mortgage Statement, or a copy of the Current Lease/Rental Agreement listing all the occupants, including but not limited to all school-aged children residing in the property or Grant Deed in the legal guardian’s name showing residence property address. NOTE: if you are on a month-to-month lease/rental agreement, you will also need to provide the most current month’s rental receipt or cancelled check.
- A current Southern California Edison (SoCal Edison) bill or verification of electrical service connection reflecting name and address at the location provided in the online pre-enrollment. In the event proof of the SoCal Edison bill cannot be presented, residents must provide three of the additional forms of residency.
- Two additional forms of residency verification reflecting name and address at the location provided in the online pre-enrollment: a) current gas bill or verification of gas service connection, b) current cable/telephone bill, c) current income tax documents (IRS, state, and/or county), d) current water or verification of water service connection, e) current waste management bill, f) current payroll stub, g) current social services documents, h) current correspondence from federal/state/county government agencies, i) L.A. Registrar of Voters, j) current bank statement/credit card statement, k) car registration, etc.
- If a parent/guardian and a student are sharing a residence with another individual or family, they must provide items #1-3 (in the parent/guardian’s name or the name of the primary resident) and complete and notarize the Co-Residency Verification Affidavit.
NOTE: In the event a utility service connection is used as proof of residency, then a utility bill must be provided within 45 days to assure continued enrollment. The District will not solicit or collect information or documents regarding the citizenship or immigration status of students or their family members for the purpose of determining residency within the District.
The District will investigate any cases where there may be reason to believe that a student does not comply with residency requirements for school attendance (i.e., returned mail, excessive absences/chronic absenteeism/truancy), that the parent/guardian has provided false information with respect to residency, or that the information provided at the time of enrollment is no longer current or accurate. A trained District employee may conduct the investigation or a private investigator employed by the District, and may include the examination of records, including public records, and/or interviews of persons who may have knowledge of the student’s residency. The investigation will not include the surreptitious collection of photographic or video-graphic images of persons or places subject to the investigation. However, the use of technology is not prohibited if done in open and public view. District will take appropriate actions pending the results of the investigation.
If the District determines that the student does not reside in District, the parent/guardian will receive a dis-enrollment letter and the Inter-District/Intra-District Attendance Appeal Form. Parent/guardian has 10 days to submit a written appeal from the date of the dis-enrollment letter. Once the district receives the written appeal, the District will have 10 days to respond in writing to the parent/guardian’s request. The Superintendent or designee response is final.
Click the link below for an explanation of the student health requirements for school entry including immunization records TK/ KG-12 Grades:
All Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten and 1st. grade students must have completed a physical examination and an oral assessment no more than six months prior to entering transitional kindergarten, kindergarten and/or 1st. Grades.
Other important documents to bring the day of your enrollment appointment:
- Child's birth certificate or passport.
- Academic transcript or report card from previous school. Prior school records will be requested by the school site.
- Student IEP/504 documents, if applicable.
- GATE letter from previous district, if applicable.
- ELPAC/CELDT language test documentation.
STEP 3 -SET UP YOUR APPOINTMENT TO COMPLETE the ENROLLMENT PROCESS-
Please Note: Due to COVID-19 preventive measures, BHUSD is physically shut down until the end of the current school year. For in-person appointments contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk-ins are accepted, but to avoid long lines and unpredictable wait-times, you are strongly encouraged to book an appointment.
If you have any questions regarding enrollment process, please contact email@example.com
Download, complete and sign the Registration Forms here and bring them the day of your appointment:
Note: If you do not have a printer at home, these forms are going to be available the day of your registration appointment for signature and completion.
For New and Returning Student Registration/Enrollment 9th. -12th. grades, please contact the Beverly Hills High School:
Andre Law 310-551-5100, Ext. 8310, firstname.lastname@example.org
By student’s last name:
9th Grade Grade A-G
10th-11th Grade A-Gi
12th Grade A-Gl
Michelle Buckley 310-551-5100, Ext. 8340, email@example.com
By student’s last name:
9th Grade Grade H-O
10th-11th Grade Gj-O
12th Grade Go-O
Amy Price 310-551-5100, Ext. 8352, firstname.lastname@example.org
By student’s last name:
9th-12th Grade P-Z