Welcome ALL new families to the Beverly Hills Unified School District!
Enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year is now open!
BEFORE YOU START…
It is recognized that students do their best work in school when they are placed in a grade with other students of the same chronological age. The following link provides BHUSD guidelines for placing students at the appropriate grade level.
Assigned Neighborhood Schools:
To determine which school is your school of residence, click here for the School Finder
Please note, if your school of residence is at capacity in the grade level you’re registering for, then your student can be placed at the school that has space available. Due to reconfiguration within our district, we have two elementary schools (TK-5th.) Horace Mann and Hawthorne, one middle school (6th.-8th.) Beverly Vista, and one high school (9th.-12th.) Beverly Hills High.
STEP 1 -ONLINE PRE-ENROLLMENT-
To register a new or returning student, you must have a valid address within the Beverly Hills Unified School District attendance area OR qualify for an Interdistrict transfer permit by being currently employed by the City of Beverly Hills or the Beverly Hills Unified School District. Verification of residence or employment will be required after you complete the Online Pre-Enrollment step.
**Once the online pre-enrollment is completed, please proceed to Step 2 of the enrollment process. Please note that the online pre-enrollment does not determine your placement at the school. Enrollment will be finalized once step 3 is completed.
STEP 2 -GATHER THE ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS-
Below is a list of documents you will need to enroll in the Beverly Hills Unified School District. Please make sure you have all the documents at the time of enrollment.
P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted. Disconnection utility notices are NOT accepted.
- Proof of Residency 5 CCR 432; EC 234.7, 48204.1, BP 5111.1
- Residency Verification Affidavit
- Co-Residency Verification Affidavit
- A copy of the L.A. County Property Tax Bill, or a Mortgage Statement, or a copy of the Current Lease/Rental Agreement listing all the occupants, including but not limited to all school-aged children residing in the property or Grant Deed in the legal guardian’s name showing residence property address. NOTE: if you are on a month-to-month lease/rental agreement, you will also need to provide the most current month’s rental receipt or cancelled check.
- A current Southern California Edison (SoCal Edison) bill or verification of electrical service connection reflecting name and address at the location provided in the online pre-enrollment. In the event proof of the SoCal Edison bill cannot be presented, residents must provide three of the additional forms of residency.
- Two additional forms of residency verification reflecting name and address at the location provided in the online pre-enrollment: a) current gas bill or verification of gas service connection, b) current cable/telephone bill, c) current income tax documents (IRS, state, and/or county), d) current water or verification of water service connection, e) current waste management bill, f) current payroll stub, g) current social services documents, h) current correspondence from federal/state/county government agencies, i) L.A. Registrar of Voters, j) current bank statement/credit card statement, k) car registration, etc.
- If a parent/guardian and a student are sharing a residence with another individual or family, they must provide items #1-3 (in the parent/guardian’s name or the name of the primary resident) and complete and notarize the Co-Residency Verification Affidavit.
NOTE: In the event a utility service connection is used as proof of residency, then a utility bill must be provided within 45 days to assure continued enrollment. The District will not solicit or collect information or documents regarding the citizenship or immigration status of students or their family members for the purpose of determining residency within the District.
Click the link below for an explanation of the student health requirements for school entry including immunization records TK/ KG-12 Grades:
All Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten and 1st. grade students must have completed a physical examination and an oral assessment no more than six months prior to entering transitional kindergarten, kindergarten and/or 1st. Grades.
Download, complete and sign the enrollment forms here:
Other important documents to submit:
- Student’s birth certificate or passport
- Parent’s identification (driver’s license, passport)
- Academic transcript or report card from previous school. Prior school records will be requested by the school site.
- Student IEP/504 documents, if applicable.
- GATE letter from previous district, if applicable.
- ELPAC/CELDT language test documentation, if applicable.
STEP 3 -UPLOAD THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS-
You can upload the required documents in the online application, or email them to email@example.com or drop them off in the red mailbox outside our main building at 255 S. Lasky Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212.
To confirm receipt of your online enrollment application, please email Maria Fernandez firstname.lastname@example.org include in the subject line of your email the Student's name, grade level and school site.
For Beverly Hills High School Enrollment (9th. - 12th.) please contact:
A-Gi (by student’s last name)
Andre Law 310-551-5100, Ext. 8310 email@example.com
9th - 11th grade - A-Chi
9th - 11th grade - Cho-G
12th grade - A-Chi
12th grade - Cho-Gi
Gj-O (by student’s last name)
Michelle Buckley 310-551-5100, Ext. 8340 firstname.lastname@example.org
9th - 11th grade - H-Lee
9th - 11th grade - Lef-O
12th grade - Gj-Lee
12th grade - Lef-O
P-Z (by student’s last name)
Amy Price 310-551-5100, Ext. 8352 email@example.com
9th - 11th grade - P-S
9th - 11th grade - T-Z
12th grade - P-S
12th grade - T-Z