Aeries Parent Portal Resources
Aeries Parent Portal & Aeries Communications Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enter, change or update my student/family CONTACT INFORMATION?
Each year, parents/guardians of both new and returning students are required to either register or update information in the Aeries SIS (Student Information System) Parent Portal.
Parents/guardians can access the Aeries Parent Portal by clicking on the link listed on both the home page and in the Parents section on BHUSD.org.
In order to ensure the security and accuracy of student/family data, this is the only location in Aeries where changes to contact information can be made.
I have more than one child that attends different schools in the District; do I have to create multiple accounts?
Each Parent only needs to have one account for all of their children. All children can be linked to the same parent account.
Do parents need to create an account every year?
No. This is a one-time process. If you have another child that enters the District (for example a Kindergarten student), you will be able to add them to your existing account. Please note though - you will need to complete the Data Confirmation process for your account at the beginning of each school year.
What if I’m having problems logging into the Aeries Parent Portal?
If problems persist, please contact your child's school office for assistance.
Where can I find the VPC code?
Please contact your child’s school office to acquire the VPC code.
What is Aeries Communications?
One you are logged into the Aeries Parent Portal, click on Communications.
Here you can:
- Communicate on a secure and accountable platform via Direct Message with your student's teachers.
- Follow “Groups” of your choice to receive messages that are important to you. Examples: your student’s school, specific classes, teams, activities
- Select the way you would like to receive messages: phone call, text, and/or email notifications
- Select your language of preference for Communications
- Click Here for a short video tour for Aeries Communications
How do I select my notification preferences for Aeries Communications announcements from the district?
Log in to the Aeries Parent Portal (link also located on BHUSD.org)
Once in Aeries, click on Communications.
- Click on your personal profile avatar: it is the circle with your initials in it. You also have the option of selecting your own photo for your avatar.
- A drop down menu appears: Personal Info, Feed Manager, Notifications
- Click on Notifications. Check and uncheck boxes to indicate how you would like to receive each type of announcement from the school district.
- Emergency Announcements will automatically be sent in all formats.
- Click Here for a short video to show you how to update your Notification Preferences
What is the Personal Info section for?
This is where you can:
- Enter and edit how your name is displayed.
- Add additional phone numbers for notifications.
NOTE: No other contact information can be edited here in order to preserve the security and accuracy of your account. Additional changes to your contact information can only be made in the main Aeries Parent Portal SIS (Student Information System) area:
SEE PDF LINK BELOW FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON ADDING & UPDATING INFORMATION
- Select the Preferred Language for your announcements. Aeries Communications announcements can be automatically translated from English into numerous other languages. Translated messages will always have a “caption icon” pictured next to them, which you can click on to see the original English version.
What is the Feed Manager section for?
Your "Feed" is a chronological timeline of announcements from all schools, classes and groups you are following. You can filter your feed down to a specific school, class or group by clicking on it within your navigation panel.
THERE ARE TWO ICONS BENEATH YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE AVATAR IN AERIES COMMUNICATIONS:
What is the icon with three dots and three bars?
This is the Feed icon. Click here to see all District announcements you have received. These are the same announcements you receive via your notification preferences of email, text and/or phone call.
What is the conversation bubble icon?
Click here to communicate via Direct Message with your student's teachers. Communications via direct message provide a secure platform to ask and answer questions and to share information among members.
NOTE: THERE IS A QUESTION MARK ICON AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THE SCREEN IN AERIES COMMUNICATIONS TO ACCESS THE SUPPORT CENTER FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE.