Mission, Vision and Beliefs
The mission of Beverly Hills Unified School District is to inspire and empower each student to achieve academic excellence, embrace social and individual responsibility, and lead with integrity. To these ends, Beverly Hills Unified School District provides dynamic and enriching educational opportunities, collaborative community partnerships, and challenging and supportive learning environments.
Based on current research, state standards, and the BHUSD Superintendent’s strategic plan, the Beverly Hills Unified School District vision is focused on effective instruction that prepares all students for a 21st Century Global Community. The BHUSD vision is based on the following core beliefs:
- All students deserve the opportunity to achieve his or her potential.
- A challenging curriculum and high expectations lead to greater achievement.
- Outstanding, highly trained and dedicated personnel are critical to student achievement.
- Individuals are accountable for their behaviors and actions.
- Community involvement is essential for successful schools.
- Safety of every person is paramount.
To these ends, six instructional areas of focus are recommended for 2016-2019:
- GOAL 1: Best Practice Instruction - Research-Based (SP # 1 & 4)
- GOAL 2: 21st Century Curricula Implementation: Standards-Based, Interdisciplinary For Improved Achievement (LCAP/SP #1)
- GOAL 3: Intervention strategies for subgroup achievement (LCAP #1)
- GOAL 4: Character education to improve safety and connectedness (LCAP #2)
- GOAL 5: 21st century pedagogy: design thinking strategies for increased problem-solving skills and achievement (SP #4)
- GOAL 6: Integrated Technology for Increased Engagement and Achievement (SP #4)