Ten Beverly Hills High School students from the BHHS Art Department are winners in this year's Scholastic Art & Writing Awards - Western Region. The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards recognize the vision, ingenuity, and talent of students, and provide opportunities for creative teens to be celebrated.
Gold Key recipients will now continue on to the national competition. The award-winning work of Gold Key winners Christine, Rachel and Gunes is pictured here.
Complete list of BHHS Scholastic Art and Writing Awards 2018:
- Samuel Hannani, Honorable Mention, Photography, Wonder Wheel & Honorable Mention, Photography, Canada Day
- Christine Kim, Gold Key, Photography, Does he?
- Judy Kim, Honorable Mention, Photography, Junk Yard
- Hyunjin (Rachel) Lee, Gold Key, Art Portfolio, Identity
- Gabriella Paoletti, Honorable Mention, Comic Art, Camplylognathoides & Silver Key, Photography, A Cobweb Among A Tiled House
- Saba Roofian, Honorable Mention, Photography, Burning CDs
- Hannah Scott, Honorable Mention, Photography, Girl in the Poster
- Gunes Sensoy, Gold Key, Photography, Art in the Sky
- Arieh Soufer, Silver Key, Art Portfolio, Architecture Portfolio
- Makaya Tome, Honorable Mention, Drawing & Illustration, November