Per the LACDPH Health Order (click here) you must complete the following steps to receive a mask exemption in a situation where it is unsafe for your child to wear a mask.
THIS EXEMPTION MUST ONLY BE PROCESSED BY [email protected] NOT YOUR SCHOOL SITE.
1. Remain asymptomatic.
2. If you become a close contact you must test for COVID-19 twice, once during days 3-5 and once during days 6-9. (Tests are available at every school site and the District Office.)
3. You are younger than two years old, hearing impaired, communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, the ability to see the mouth is essential for your communication, you have a medical condition, mental health condition or disability, or your medical provider has determined that it is unsafe for you to wear a mask.
4. Provide certification from a state licensed health care provider attesting that the student has a condition or disability that precludes them from wearing a mask safely will be accepted as proof of exemption.
5. The following licensed health care professionals may provide such attestations: Medical providers including physician (MD or DO), nurse practitioner (NP), or physician assistant (PA) practicing under the authority of a licensed physician; and licensed mental and behavioral health practitioners including Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), clinical psychologist (Psy.D.), Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), or Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
6. To receive your mask exemption you must send the attestation to [email protected].
Please note, once filed, the mask exemption status will then be recorded in our Student Information System (Aeries) and this status can be accessible by all staff.