Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
Seven members to serve for a term of two years without compensation and for no more than three consecutive terms.
* One member who is active in a business organization representing the Beverly Hills business community;
* One member active in senior citizens' organization;
* One member who is a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District;
* One member who is both a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District and active in the PTSA; and
* One member who is active in a bona fide taxpayers' organization.
In addition to the above minimum requirements, the CBOC Bylaws state that the committee shall not consist of more than fourteen members appointed by the Board of Education and shall include:
* One member with a finance background and
* One member with a construction background.
To be a qualified member of the Committee, a person must:
* Be at least 18 years of age and a citizen of the State of California in accordance with Section 1020 of the California Government Code (the consultant of the District).
* Not be an employee or official of the District or any vendor, contractor or consultant of the District.
Current Committee Members
The current members of the CBOC, their representation and the dates their terms expire are as follows:
Apply to Become a Member
The District is currently seeking new applicants for the CBOC.
The CBOC is asking for your support in communicating with your colleagues in our community about this opportunity to serve our District by applying to become a CBOC member.
Below is the CBOC Application Form, which provides information regarding the selection process, and the Resolutions which details the legal requirements for this Committee.
If you would like to apply to be a member of the committee go to: bhusd.org/CBOCapplication/ or call the Superintendent's Office at 310-551-5100 ext 2210.
You may also email questions and inquiries to [email protected]