BEVERLY HILLS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
NOTE: THIS SITE WILL REFLECT UPDATED LCAP DRAFTS IN MAY AND JUNE UNTIL THE PROPOSED LCAP IS BOARD APPROVED JUNE, 2017. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR LCAP UPDATES AND DRAFT DOCUMENTS.
LCAP OUTLINE (EDUCATION CODE 52060-52077)
On or before July 1, the governing board of each school district shall adopt a Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) using a template adopted by the state board. The LCAP shall be adopted with the district’s annual budget. The LCAP is effective for a period of three years - updated on or before July 1 of each year.
LCAP SHALL INCLUDE
Annual goals for all pupils and each subgroup of pupils based on:
· Goals and Actions shall be aligned to the district’s budget.
· Teachers appropriately assigned and credentialed
· Access to state standards-aligned instructional materials
· School Facilities
· School climate
· Broad course of study
· Academic content and performance standards
· Parental involvement
· Pupil achievement
· Pupil engagement
· Pupil outcomes
· A school district may identify local priorities
· Goals in regard to the local priorities
· Method for measuring the school district's progress toward achieving those goals.
The law says very little about alignment to expenditures. Two areas are specified:
1. Broad Course of Study (state priority above)
· The extent to which pupils have access to, and are enrolled in, a broad course of study that includes all of the subject areas including the programs and services developed and provided to unduplicated pupils and individuals with exceptional needs, and the program and services that are provided to benefit these pupils as a result of the funding received
2. Basis for which a County Office Education approves/disapproves an LCAP
· The budget for the applicable fiscal year adopted must include expenditures sufficient to implement the specific actions and strategies included in the LCAP, based on the projections of the costs included in the plan.
We encourage you to click on the attached LCAP document and to offer feedback on goals, actions and funding. We will soon be conducting a short survey for the 2017 LCAP, and we will be including this feedback in our plan. Questions about the LCAP? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LCAP ADOPTION AND TIMELINE:
1. Parent Advisory Committees: OCTOBER-MAY
2. Consult with stakeholders: APRIL-JUNE
3. Present LCAP to parent advisory committees: APRIL-MAY
4. Notify public of the opportunity to submit written comments: MAY-JUNE
5. Hold a public hearing to solicit the recommendations and comments: JUNE
6. Review school plans and ensure that the specific actions in the LCAP align to each school’s Single Plan for Student Achievement: SEPTEMBER AND MAY
7. Superintendent's Letter of Response Regarding LCAP feedback: JUNE
8. Adopt LCAP alongside annual budget: JUNE
For an additional overview, please view the following video: http://lcff.wested.org/lcff-channel/episode-8-overview-of-the-local-control-and-accountability-plan/